The Gold Quill Awards are the world’s premier awards program for communicators. Be recognized for your hard work and creative brilliance and join the realm of globally renowned professionals. The Gold Quill Awards are different from other communication awards programs. Simply entering gives you value, as you’ll receive quality feedback from trained international evaluators, all of whom are working professionals in the communication field.
And, should you win, you’ll become part of the Gold Quill galaxy—a stellar lineup of communication all-stars who’ve used strategy, creativity, measurement and innovation to take the communication profession out of this world.
The Call for Entries provides everything you need to know about the divisions and categories you can enter, as well as information about this year’s changes to the program and helpful tips on how to enter. Take a look at the overview of divisions and categories below.
Division 1: Communication Research Management
Entries in this division recognize the importance of research and measurement as a foundation for strategic communication work and a competency that’s integral to success throughout the career of a communication professional.
- Internal Communication Research
- Internal Communication Measurement
- External Communication Research
- External Communication Measurement
- Research Innovation
- Communication Research Management, Student Entry
Division 2: Communication Management
This division focuses on strategic communication planning and execution of internal, external and integrated programs.
- Internal Communication
- Employee Engagement
- Leadership Communication
- Safety Communication
- Human Resources and Benefits Communication
- Change Communication
- Government Relations
- Community Relations
- Media Relations
- Customer Relations
- Advertising Campaigns
- Marketing Communication
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Advocacy Communication
- International Communication
- Issues Management and Crisis Communication
- Government Communication Programs
- Nonprofit Campaigns
- Brand Communication
- Social Media Programs
- Multi-Audience Communication
- Financial Communication
- Communication Management, Student Entry
Division 3: Communication Training and Education
This division recognizes the mentorship and education role of consultants and senior communicators in developing and delivering workshops, classes, seminars or training that educates an audience about any aspect of the communication profession. This division includes all communication disciplines and professional competencies.
- Internal Communication Training
- External Communication Training
- Institutional Communication Training
- Communication Education Tools
- Communication Training and Education, Student Entry
Division 4: Communication Skills
The communication skills division includes marketing and communication elements that showcase technical skills such as editing, writing, design and multimedia production. Entries in this division are generally tactical in nature. Entrants must demonstrate strategic alignment, the creative process and measurable results.
- Digital Communication Vehicles
- Digital Communication Channels
- Publication Design
- Other Graphic Design
- Special Events – Internal
- Special Events – External
- Photography Within a Communication Vehicle
- Marketing, Advertising and Sales Vehicles
- Public Service Announcements
- Communication Skills, Student Entry