Thank you for joining us in recognizing business communicators from across Middle Tennessee and Southern Kentucky for their professional achievements and brand campaigns.
About the event
We presented the 2019 Music City Gold Pen Awards on August 28 in Nashville. Danielle Breezy, Chief Meteorologist from WKRN-TV Nashville News 2, served as emcee and presented 38 awards in categories ranging from internal communications to nonprofit campaigns. Photos from the event are posted on IABC Nashville’s Facebook page.
From our president
“It is an honor for our chapter to recognize these communications professionals for their outstanding work and campaigns,” said Sarah “Birdie” Loeffler, IABC Nashville president. “From internal communications to public relations agencies, this year’s group of winners displayed the very best in business communications throughout Middle Tennessee and Southern Kentucky and are paving the way for our region to be recognized as one of the nation’s top locations to be a communications professional.”
Thank you to our sponsors!
Congratulations to our award winners!
The award winners represented a range of industries, including strategic communications, public relations, non-profit, marketing, media relations, health care, and more. The teams at Keycom and McNeely, Pigott and Fox (MP&F) Strategic Communications both took home numerous awards for their work in change communication, community relations, government communications, communication research, nonprofit campaigns, media relations, corporate social responsibility, and special events. This year’s award winners include:
- Kerry Burke, Cigna
- Jacob Burns, MP&F Strategic Communications
- Nancy Cooper & Dr. Forbes Walker, Aries Clean Energy
- Kellie Davie, Keycom, Nashville Fashion Week
- Julie Davis & Sharon Harper, Brookdale Senior Living
- Laura Haynes, MP&F Strategic Communications, First Bank
- Drew Ruble & Carol Stuart, Middle Tennessee State University
- Genma Holmes, GSH Media
- Jessica Hopson, Lovell Communications
- Sarah Hunt-Blackwell, MP&F Strategic Communications
- Paul Ladd, World Christian Broadcasting
- Birdie Loeffler, NDC, Inc.
- Sara Salisbury, MP&F Strategic Communications
- Julia Stump, Volkert
- Millie Wert, MP&F Strategic Communications